Colonial Conquest (Atari 8-Bit, 5 1/4" Disk) Strategic Simulations, Inc. - 1985 USA, Canada Release
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Publisher(s)||Strategic Simulations, Inc.|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
A computer strategy game of global domination, from the 1880's to the early 1900.
The world of a century ago can be yours today!
The late 1800's and early 1900's marked the age of Imperialism, with Great Britain, the U.S., Germany, France, Russia and Japan as the most active participants in the pursuit of world dominance.
It was a turbulent time, marked with colonial expansionism(no better exemplified than the English Empire's control of India)) and with such wars as the Spanish-American War(1898), the Boer War (1899-1902), the Russo-Japanese War (1904-1905), and culminating with World War 1 (1914-1918).
Now, through the magic of computer simulation, SSI turns back the clock to give you a chance to conquer the world of a century ago in a simple yet exciting game Colonial Conquest.
This easy strategy simulation puts you in charge of one of the six imperialistic nations. Through taxation of your lands, you can raise money and use it for espionage, supervision of minor powers construction of fortifications, economic aid to other countries, or buying armies and navies. Your goal: To Conquer as many minor nations as possible and hoist yourself up as the mightiest ruler on earth!
Three scenarios are provided. The 1880 and 1914 Set-ups are semi-realistic: The army /navy size of each major power is set according to historical records. The cost of purchasing armies and fleets also vary historically from country to country. For example, the British player would find cheap fleets and expensive manpower while the Russian player would encounter exactly the opposite. A Standard Scenario lets you randomize the global conditions.
This game accommodates up to six human players, or you can let the computer play any or all of the countries. Computer opponents can be assigned different levels of ability.
Using a joystick control and beautiful scrolling color graphics, this game is a joy to play. After all, it quenches the thirst in all of us, the thirst for ... power!
In this game , the world is divided into 131 land territories displayed in beautiful scrolling Hi-Res graphics.
- Full color map covers the globe, which is divided into 131 land territories.
- Strategic games that allow you to play either Great Britain, France, Germany, Russia, USA, or Japan.
- Three scenarios are provided: 1) 1880 historical set-up; 2) 1914 historical set-up; 3) Standard (non-historical) set-up.
- Rules cover the purchase of armies and navies, construction of fortifications, economic aid to other countries, espionage of enemy territory, and subversion of minor countries.
- For up to 6 human players or let the computer play any or all of the countries.
- Ability to save a game in progress for later play.