Six-Gun Shootout (Atari 8-Bit, 5 1/4" Disk) Strategic Simulations, Inc. - 1985 USA, Canada Release
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Publisher(s)||Strategic Simulations, Inc.|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Gunfights of the Wild West.
The best Western of 'em all!
Imagine all the great western books and movies you've ever read or seen; the Earp Brothers and Doc Holliday against the McLowery and Clanton Brothers at the O.K. Corral; menacing Indians circling wagons: the escapades of Billy the Kid, the Dalton Gang, Bat Masterson; mythical superheroes whose sharpshooting skills are almost as legendary as their steely squints and rugged looks. Now imagine a computer game that has them all- Six-Gun Shootout.
This easily playable, fast-action strategy game rates 18 weapons for effectiveness and type (including shotguns, pistols, repeaters, and tomahawks). It contains ten different scenarios. You can play each separately, or play them sequentially as a campaign.
If you choose the former, the computer assigns weapons to all the characters, who are rated for weapon skills (speed of draw and accuracy), quickness of movement, and hand-to-hand combat ability.
If you play the campaign game, you can create your own characters. This feature lets you enjoy a role-playing game, where you can start off as a tenderfoot and gain experience and fighting skills as you survive from one scenario to the next.
Realistic combat rules govern line-of-sight and line-of-fire, which depends on your posture (standing, kneeling, prone), the posture of your target, and any obstacles in the way. The amount of damage you inflict on your target depends on which part of the body you hit, such as the head, chest, gut, right arm, left leg, and so on.
Unlike most western movies, you cannot fire ten shots from a six-gun. You must remember to reload. Like a real western, you win when somebody on your side is still standing at the end of a shootout.
Six-Gun Shootout can be played by two players, or one against the computer.
- You can re-enact the infamous gunfight at the O.K. Corral...
- Or the popular theme of Indians attacking encircled wagons...
- Or a battle of uneven odds: 7 sharpshooters against 20 bandits... plus seven other scenarios.
- Play alongside or against notorious villains such as Billy the Kid, the Dalton Gang, the James Gang, the Clanton Gang, Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday and the McLowerys.
- Choose from ten scenarios based on history and popular legend.
- Create your own cowboy, and watch him develop from a trigger-happy tenderfoot to a real six-gun hero!
- Changeable scenarios can be played in sequence to create a campaign game.
- Two-player or solitaire game possible.
Six-Gun Shootout was designed by Jeff Johnson.
- Playing Time: 15-45 minutes per scenario; 6-8 hours per campaign.