Wizard's Crown (Atari 8-Bit, 5 1/4" Disk) Strategic Simulations, Inc. - 1985 USA, Canada Release
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Publisher(s)||Strategic Simulations, Inc.|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Role Playing|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Perilous quest for a stolen crown
...the stolen Crown of the Emperor- bestower of knowledge and wisdom upon the Fellowship of Wizards who once ruled in Arghan. Usurped by the traitor Tarmon, Wizard of Thunder, the Crown lies imprisoned behind spellwoven walls in the shattered ruins of the once splendid city. Now eight fearless adventurers dare the perils of the cursed domain. Their quest- to wrest the Crown from captivity and restore it to its rightful bearer.
Guide this valiant band on its perilous mission in Wizards Crown, a multiple-character role-playing game. It stands out above the crowd by combining the detailed tactical battles of war gaming with the magic and mystery of a fantasy quest.
Eight pre-made characters await your orders, or you can create your own. Make them sorcerers, priests, fighters, rangers, or thieves. Endow your heroes with strength, dexterity, intelligence and other personal attributes. Arm them with a variety of weapons and skills such as magic, stealth, and healing. Then command them in encounters with the fearsome denizens of Arghan, including monsters, wraiths and the undead. Guide the companions through a maze of streets, buildings and dungeons, searching for clues to the ancient hiding place of the coveted crown.
When fighting starts, you can let the computer resolve it quickly or you can personally direct it with a multitude of combat options. Challenge yourself at any of five levels of play. Capture, find or trade a nearly limitless number of magic items to increase your chances of fulfilling the quest and claiming the promised prize- a reward of great enchantment.
- At the inn, you can see the characters for hire and the various options available to you.
- View the skill display of a pre-made character. You can also create your own.
- View a character's status and inventory.
- Explore the grasslands around the town near the ruins of Arghan.
- Engage in a tactical battle with thieves.
- Individually create a party of eight adventurers.
- Choose from five character classes.
- Play either a quick resolution combat game or a detailed tactical game that provides for realistic combat with monsters.
- Select from a nearly infinite number of magic items such as lightning swords and rings of invincibility.
- Conjure up one of 22 spells that can shatter and paralyze the enemy!
- Explore a town, dungeons, and ancient ruins.
Wizard's Crown was designed by Paul Murray and Keith Brors. Paul Murray also designed The Cosmic Balance and Imperium Galactum.
- Playing time: 50 to 100 hours.
- Intermediate level.